87P, a producer of cold pressed beverages and healthy concepts food in Carol Stream, Ill., is looking for an experienced maintenance technician. The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all team members and visitors.
- Maintain high quality and cleanliness standards in accordance with company food safety and sanitation standards.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service; fill out appropriate logs and paperwork.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Keep work areas, machines and equipment clean and organized.
- Respond to assigned work orders and input to Maintenance Management System.
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance duties and generate work requests to repair defective equipment.
- Communicate closely with Team Leads and other team members on the status of work progress.
- Process troubleshooting for all manufacturing teams as necessary to complete their tasks and to minimize downtime and maintain quality.
- Work with process and project engineers as necessary to install new equipment and modify existing equipment.
- Work safely, and lead by example ensuring all GMP and technical processes are followed by all. All related paperwork, supplies and documentation is completed daily.
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong mechanical, plumbing, electrical and industrial skills with some PLC experience.
- Previous experience working in food safe processing facility (preferred).
- Strong people skills/communication.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to learn and apply policies, procedures and rules.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, prioritize tasks, work with minimal direction and handle conflict in a positive manner.
- Ability to work with multiple departments including engineering, operations, safety, and quality assurance.
- Scissor lift certification (preferred).
- Must speak, read and write English.
- Move/Lift up to 75lbs.
- Stands most of the day.
- Bend/Stoop/Kneel/Crawl/Climb/Position one’s self to work on machines.
- Works in cold room up to 75% of the time.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment.
We hire and fire in accordance with our company’s Core Values
- Continuous Improvement
- Safety & Healthy
- Environmental Stewardship
We offer competitive pay; Medical, Dental, Vision, voluntary coverage (STD, LTD, Life); an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); a 401k retirement savings plan; holiday pay, plus a great working environment, a culture of trust and growth opportunities for our employees.
87P is a market leader in food production specializing in healthy concepts and products with clean labels located in Carol Stream, IL. We provide full-service, clean-label food processing solutions and full-service cold-pressed juice and beverage solutions.